Get this card
BMO World Elite Mastercard
This offer is not available for residents of Quebec.Apply Now
- Network Provider
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- Annual fee
- $150 $0 for the first year
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- Balance transfer rate
- Credit Needed
- Excellent (750-900)
- Get up to $575 in value in your first year*
- Welcome offer: Get 40,000 points and the $150 annual fee waived in the first year ($285 travel value booked on bmorewards.com + $150 Value*)
- Complimentary membership in Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey, with exclusive VIP access, plus four annual complimentary passes* ($140 Value/Year).
- Get 3 BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on travel, dining and entertainment purchases*
- Get 2 points for every $1 spent everywhere else*
- Get valuable benefits and offers for digital everyday services from a variety of on-demand apps and subscription services
- Access over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world - all at no added cost, and no added fees or roaming charges*
- Points you can use to cover all flights charges and taxes*
- Fly on any airline, with no blackout dates*
- Minimum 80K individual or 150K household income*
- Best-in-class travel and medical insurance (unlimited trips per year)*
- Extended Warranty*
- Purchase Protection*
- BMO Concierge Service*
- Unlock Mastercard Travel Rewards cashback offers when you travel and shop outside of Canada
BMO is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply Now link for the most up to date information.
*Terms and conditions apply.
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Airport Lounge Access
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Travel Benefits
About This Card
The BMO World Elite Mastercard lets you collect a mountain of travel rewards points quickly.
You earn two points for every dollar charged to the card; 5,000 points is equivalent to $50. Three points are earned for every dollar spent on travel, dining, and entertainment purchases.
New cardholders get a head-start on collecting points with a welcome bonus worth 40,000 points, which boasts a $350 value (keep in mind, to get this bonus you must spend $3,000 on the card within the first three months).
You can't redeem points for cash, though — you can only use them towards travel (and your trip must be booked on BMO's travel portal).
The BMO World Elite Mastercard offers more than a good cash-to-points conversion rate; it also comes with a plethora of additional benefits, like extended warranty and purchase protection. Of course, the card offers some attractive travel perks, as well.
Users enjoy access to VIP airport lounges all over the globe, as well as comprehensive travel and medical insurance coverage on any trip booked using the card. The BMO World Elite Mastercard also covers users for damage insurance on rented vehicles.
The $150 annual fee is waived in the first year.
The card requires an excellent credit score and an annual income of at least $80,000 annually, or a household income of $150,000 or more.
Why get the BMO World Elite Mastercard?
Outstanding points conversion – Every dollar you charge to the BMO World Elite Mastercard nets you a 2% return, and when you spend on special categories (travel, dining, and entertainment), that figure goes up to 3%. With a terrific conversion rate like that, it won’t take long before you’ve banked enough for your next trip.
Relax while you travel – The BMO World Elite Mastercard doesn’t just get you where you want to go; it gets you there relaxed and stress-free. Cardholders can avoid the bustle of the airport in VIP lounges worldwide while enjoying travel, car rental and medical insurance coverage.
Go where you want, when you want – BMO’s travel points are eligible for use with any airline and are exempt from blackout dates and other restrictions. That means you can use your points to go anywhere, anytime.
Start off with 35,000 welcome points – BMO's welcome offer of 40,000 points is worth roughly $285.
No fee for the first year - New cardholders will have the annual $150 fee waived.
Read an in-depth review of this card from our team.