Get this card
Scotiabank® Scene+™ Visa* CardApply Now
- Network Provider
- RewardsNo Fee
- Annual fee
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- Balance transfer rate
- Credit Needed
- Good (650-749)
Earn up to 10,000 bonus Scene+ points within your first year1. Offer ends 30 April 2023
- Earn 2x Scene+ points for every $1 you spend on credit card purchases at Cineplex™ theatres or at cineplex.com
- earn 2X Scene+ points for each dollar charged to your account on all eligible purchases1 at Sobeys, IGA, Safeway, Foodland, FreshCo, Voilà by Sobeys, Voilà by IGA, Voilà by Safeway, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, IGA West, Les Marchés Tradition, Rachelle Béry and Co-Op.
- Earn 1 Scene+ point for every $1 you spend on credit card purchases
- Rates, fees and other information are effective as of Mar 1, 2021. Subject to change.
About This Card
The Scotiabank Scene+ Visa credit card is a no-fee rewards card with a minimum credit limit of $500. It’s also one of the most popular no-fee credit card options in Canada.
The big draw? The card is affiliated with the Cineplex Entertainment rewards program, SCENE, Every dollar spent with the SCENE Visa earns users one SCENE point, while every dollar spent at Cineplex Entertainment (whether you're actually at the theatre or online) rewards you with five SCENE points.
You earn 2 Scene+ points for every $1 spent on Scene+ Visa purchases at participating Cineplex Entertainment theatres or online at cineplex.com. All other purchases on the card earn 1 Scene+point per $1 spent.
Two thousand Scene+ points is equivalent to two regular price adult tickets. Points can be redeemed for other Cineplex Entertainment goods. Alternatively, you can spend them at participating stores and restaurants such as Sport Chek, Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, and East Side Mario’s.
Interest rates on most purchases with the SCENE Visa card is 19.99%. For cash advances, balance transfers, and Scotia Credit Card Cheques, the rate is 22.99%.
Why get the Scotiabank Scene+ Visa credit card?
Join one of Canada’s most popular rewards programs - Every time you make a purchase, you’re a little closer to seeing the latest blockbuster for free. It’s basically a movie pass.
More than just movies - The Scotiabank Scene+ Visa card points can be redeemed for a wide array of rewards at a number of retailers.
Bring someone else on board - A second card is offered to users at no extra cost. Finding a second cardholder means Scene+ points will add up at double the rate.
Get reassurance for unexpected challenges - Cardholders have the option of purchasing additional benefits. Acquiring these benefits requires a pay-in that is proportional to the average daily balance on the card, while the value of the benefits is calculated in a similar manner. They include coverage for disabilities, job loss, strike or lockout, and critical illness or loss of life.Apply Now
To qualify for these offers make sure to open a new Scotiabank SCENE+ Visa credit card account by April 30, 2023.
To qualify for the 10,000 bonus Scene+ points offer:
1. Earn 5,000 bonus Scene+ points by making at least $750 in everyday eligible purchases in your first 3 months.
2. Plus, for a limited time, you are eligible to earn a 2,500 Scene+ point bonus when you spend at least $5,000 in everyday eligible purchases in your first year.
Once you qualify, we’ll credit your account in 2 instalments:
1. 5,000 bonus Scene+ points will be credited to your account within approximately 2-3 business days following the qualifying $750 in net purchases being posted to your Account in your first 3 months.
2. An additional 2,500 bonus Scene+ points will be credited within approximately 2-3 business days after you have met the $5,000 annual spend threshold in your first year.
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank personal credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank personal credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for this offer.
See terms and conditions below1 for full details.
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the Offer. Subject to the above exclusions, Scotiabank small business credit cardholders are eligible for the Offer.
Rates and Fees: There is currently no annual fee for the primary card and no fee for each additional supplementary card. The current preferred annual interest rates for the Account are: 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions). All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change.
*See Card Provider's website and Card Application for complete card details, terms and current offers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accuracy of information.