Get this card
Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* CardApply Now
- Network Provider
- RewardsU.S. Dollar
- Annual fee
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- Balance transfer rate
- Credit Needed
- Excellent (750-900)
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points in your first year (that’s up to $400 towards travel )1
- Earn 2x Scotia Rewards® points on every $1 you spend on eligible grocery stores, dining, entertainment purchases and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
- Enjoy no FX Mark-up
- Enjoy Complimentary Airport Lounge Access, plus 6 free lounge visits per year
- Rates, fees and other information are effective as of Mar 1, 2021. Subject to change.
About This Card
The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card is a travel rewards credit card. You must make a minimum of $60,000 a year or have an annual household income of $100,000 to qualify for it.
You definitely need disposal income in order to justify getting this card — it has a $139 annual fee (Scotiabank hiked the annual fee in 2019 by $39).
This rewards card doesn’t require applicants to be a Canadian citizen or have a credit history to qualify. Permanent residents or foreign workers with at least six months left on their permit are eligible.
Most rewards cards open to this demographic don’t offer nearly as rich a rewards program.
With the Scotia Rewards program, cardholders earn 2 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 spent on eligible grocery stores, dining and entertainment purchases. You also get 2 points for every $1 spent on daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more). And you earn one Scotia Rewards point on every $1 spent on all other purchases.
Until July 1, 2021, new cardholders can earn a one-time bonus of 30,000 Scotia Rewards points on your first $1,000 in everyday eligible purchases made within the first three months.
Plus, you can earn an additional 10,000 points when you spend at least $40,000 in everyday eligible purchases annually on the card.
According to Scotiabank’s rewards calculator, you could earn up to $400 to put toward travel expenses in your first year by combining the two offers above — but be mindful of the card’s hefty annual fee.
If you’re a frequent traveller, this card offers a sizeable suite of benefits that you’ll appreciate.
For one, cardholders don’t get charged foreign currency conversion markups on purchases, whether you make purchases online or outside of Canada. Only the exchange rate applies.
Other perks include complimentary membership to Avis car rental services, access to Scotiabank’s own travel concierges, complimentary airport lounge access, and access to hotels in the Luxury Hotel Collection.
Even if you’re not planning any destination holidays, this may still be a good card for you.
With the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card, you have the option to convert your Scotia Rewards points to SCENE points, which can be redeemed at restaurants and movie theatres.
There's no fee for your first supplementary card, but each one after that costs $50.
Why apply for the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card?
Book easily, redeem easily - Redeem for travel anywhere, anytime, with no travel restrictions.
No foreign currency charges - Holders of the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card don’t get charged extra for making a purchase in a foreign currency — even if it’s made online. Only the exchange rate applies.
Travel easy - The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card offers a wealth of travel and rental car insurance that covers you in the case of trip cancellation, flight delays, travel accidents, lost baggage, and rental car loss and damage. You’ll also get a complimentary Avis Preferred Plus membership, which you can use to get 25% off car rentals.
Travel in style - Get complimentary access to airport lounges with your Priority Pass membership. You have six free visits per year.
Plan a staycation in a snap - Not planning any vacations this year? This card can help you plan a relaxing staycation. Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite cardholders can redeem Scotia Rewards points for SCENE points. Be a good date — pick up dinner and a movie.Apply Now
1 For a limited time, become a new Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite credit cardholder and earn a one-time 30,000 Scotia Rewards point bonus with your first $1,000 in everyday eligible purchases if made within the first 3 months (the “Bonus Offer”). Bonus Offer ends July 1, 2021. Conditions apply - see 1 below for further details. Bonus Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended and cannot be combined with any other offers.
Plus, as a Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite credit cardholder you are always eligible to earn an annual 10,000 Scotia Rewards point bonus when you spend at least $40,000 in everyday eligible purchases annually on your Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite account. Conditions apply - see 2 below for further details.
Rates and Fees: The current annual fee for the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite credit card (“Account”) is $139 for the primary card, $0 for one additional supplementary card and $50 for each additional supplementary card thereafter.
The current preferred annual interest rates for this Account are: 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions). All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change.
1) Bonus Offer Description and Conditions: To be eligible for the Bonus Offer, you must have at least $1,000 in eligible purchases posted to your new Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite credit card account (“Account”) in the first 3 months from the Account open date. Eligible purchases include purchases (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques or cash-like transactions), interest, fees or other charges. The 30,000 Bonus Offer points will be credited to the primary cardholder’s Scotia Rewards account within approximately 2-3 business days following the qualifying $1,000 in eligible purchases being posted to your Account within 3 months from the Account open date, provided the Account is open and in good standing at time of payout. The Account is considered in good standing if it is not delinquent (past due) or over limit and the Cardholder(s) is not in breach of the Revolving Credit Agreement that applies to the Account. Bonus Offer applies to new Accounts only opened by July 1, 2021.
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the Bonus Offer. Subject to the above exclusions, Scotiabank small business credit cardholders are eligible for the Bonus Offer.
2) Annual Bonus Point Conditions: As a Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite credit cardholder you can earn an annual Scotia Rewards point bonus starting at 10,000 Scotia Rewards points when you make at least $40,000 in eligible purchases annually on your Account each year (12-months). Eligible purchases include purchases (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques or cash-like transactions), interest, fees or other charges. Annual period starts from the Account open date and resets every 12 months thereafter. You will earn 2,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points for every additional $10,000 in Purchases thereafter in that same year, after the $40,000 annual spend has been reached.
The Annual bonus Scotia Rewards points will be credited within approximately 2-3 business days after you have met the $40,000 annual spend threshold on the Account and within approximately 2-3 business days after you have met each additional $10,000 annual spend threshold on the Account, provided your Account is open and in good standing. The Account is considered in good standing if it is not delinquent (past due) or over limit and the Cardholders(s) is not in breach of the Revolving Credit Agreement that applies to the Account.