Get this card
Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* CardApply Now
- Network Provider
- RewardsU.S. Dollar
- Annual fee
- $139 $0 for the first year
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- Balance transfer rate
- Credit Needed
- Excellent (750-900)
- Earn up to 35,000 bonus Scene+ points in your first year (that's up to $300 towards travel).1 Plus, no annual fee in the first year, including on supplementary cards1.
- Earn 2x Scotia Scene+ points on every $1 you spend on eligible grocery stores, dining, entertainment purchases and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
- Enjoy no FX Mark-up
- Enjoy Complimentary Airport Lounge Access, plus 6 free lounge visits per year
- Rates, fees and other information are effective as of Mar 1, 2021. Subject to change.
About This Card
The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card is a travel rewards credit card. You must make a minimum of $60,000 a year or have an annual household income of $100,000 to qualify for it.
This rewards card doesn’t require applicants to be a Canadian citizen or have a credit history to qualify. Permanent residents or foreign workers with at least six months left on their permit are eligible.
Most rewards cards open to this demographic don’t offer nearly as rich a rewards program.
With the Scotia Rewards program, cardholders earn 2 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 spent on eligible grocery stores, dining and entertainment purchases. You also get 2 points for every $1 spent on daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more). And you earn one Scotia Rewards point on every $1 spent on all other purchases.
Plus, there's no annual fee in the first year (including supplementary cards), and 5X Scotia Rewards points on travel for the first three months (up to $2,500 in total travel purchases).
New cardholders can earn up to 35,000 bonus Scotia Scene+ points in your first year (that's up to $350 towards travel).
If you’re a frequent traveller, this card offers a sizeable suite of benefits that you’ll appreciate.
For one, cardholders don’t get charged foreign currency conversion markups on purchases, whether you make purchases online or outside of Canada. Only the exchange rate applies.
Other perks include complimentary membership to Avis car rental services, access to Scotiabank’s own travel concierges, complimentary airport lounge access, and access to hotels in the Luxury Hotel Collection.
Even if you’re not planning any destination holidays, this may still be a good card for you.
There's no fee for your first supplementary card, but each one after that costs $50.
Why apply for the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card?
Book easily, redeem easily - Redeem for travel anywhere, anytime, with no travel restrictions.
No foreign currency charges - Holders of the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card don’t get charged extra for making a purchase in a foreign currency — even if it’s made online. Only the exchange rate applies.
Travel easy - The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card offers a wealth of travel and rental car insurance that covers you in the case of trip cancellation, flight delays, travel accidents, lost baggage, and rental car loss and damage. You’ll also get a complimentary Avis Preferred Plus membership, which you can use to get 25% off car rentals.
Travel in style - Get complimentary access to airport lounges with your Priority Pass membership. You have six free visits per year.
Plan a staycation in a snap - Not planning any vacations this year? This card can help you plan a relaxing staycation. Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite cardholders can redeem Scotia Rewards points for SCENE points. Be a good date — pick up dinner and a movie.Apply Now
To qualify for these offers, make sure to open a new Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite credit card account by July 4, 2022.
To qualify for the 35,000 bonus Scene+ points:
1. Earn 25,000 bonus Scene+ points by making at least $1,000 in everyday eligible purchases in your first 3 months.
2. Plus, as a Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite cardholder, you are eligible to earn an annual 10,000 Scene+ point bonus when you spend at least $40,000 in everyday net eligible purchases annually.
Once you qualify, we'll credit your account in 2 instalments:
1. 25,000 bonus Scene+ points will be credited to your account within approximately 2-3 business days following the qualifying $1,000 in net purchases being posted to your Account in your first 3 months.
2. Annual 10,000 bonus Scene+ points will be credited to your account within approximately 2-3 business days after you have met the $40,000 annual spend threshold.
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the 35,000 bonus points offer. All cardholders remain eligible to earn an annual 10,000 Scene+ point bonus with an annual spend of at least $40,000.
See terms and conditions below for full details.