12 Days of Piggy in the City Christmas Contest
Prize Pot (as of 9:30AM EST, Dec 14): $500
As the weather gets colder and 2012 nears an end, we hope you have been keeping warm and enjoying the month of December. December is a month of giving and people often find themselves weighed down by the numerous gifts they have to buy, the end-of-year payments, and holiday rush in general.
The LowestRates.ca team is happy to help and is very excited to announce our very first contest, “12 Days of Piggy in the City”. For a chance to win up to $500 towards their next mortgage payment, their car insurance, or their credit card balance, entrants will have to guess the location and landmark of 12 unique photos that our mascot, Piggy, will be featured in. Here’s how it works:
- One photo will be posted each day from December 13th to December 24th
- Entrants must guess the landmark in the picture
- Submissions open at 12:00AM EST and close at 11:59PM EST, 72 hours/3 days after the photo is posted. For example, the December 13th photo submission would close at 11:59PM on December 15th
- Submissions are accepted only on our Facebook page
- The prize pool starts at $0 and increases by $1 with each additional entry until it reaches $500. Tell your friends about this!
- The entrant with the most correct responses will be selected as winner on Christmas Day
- If there is a tie, a winner will be selected through a draw on Christmas Day
On Christmas Day, LowestRates.ca will also make a $50 donation to a food bank from the winner’s city or town as part of its commitment to help Canadians, especially at this time of year. Come back to this blog post, catch our tweets, or visit the Facebook page to stay up-to-date with this contest. We hope you remember your Canadian geography and history lessons!
Our official press release for the contest can be found here: