Get this card
BMO CashBack® Mastercard®*Apply Now
- Network Provider
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- RewardsBalance TransferNo Fee
- Annual fee
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- Balance transfer rate
- 1.99% 22.99% after 9 months
- Credit Needed
- Good (650-749)
- Welcome offer: Get 5% cash back in your first 3 months*.
- Get 3% cash back on grocery purchases, 1% cash back on recurring bill payments and 0.5% unlimited cash back on all other purchases!*
- Once you spend $500 on groceries or $500 on recurring bill payments for your statement period, you'll keep earning 0.5% cash back on eligible purchases in those categories.
- Get a 1.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for 9 months*
- 1% fee applies to balance amounts transferred*
- No annual fee*
- Want to get your cash back ASAP? Now you can redeem your cash back anytime through direct deposit, as a credit on your statement or into your BMO InvestorLine account*
- Minimum 15K individual income*
- Get up to 25% off rentals at National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car*
- Extended Warranty*
- Purchase Protection*
- BMO is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply Now link for the most up to date information.
- *Terms and conditions apply
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Rental Car Discounts
About This Card
The BMO CashBack® Mastercard®* is a no-fee, cash-back rewards credit card available to people with an above-average credit score.
For the first three months, the BMO CashBack® Mastercard®*'s welcome offer lets you earn 5% cash back on purchases.
After that, the rewards rate is:
- 3% cash back on groceries
- 1% cash back on recurring bills
- 0.5% on all other purchases
There's also a balance transfer offer when you apply. You can transfer a balance from another credit and pay only 1.99% interest on it for nine months. There is a 1% fee tacked onto the balance amount transferred. After the nine-month period, the interest on the balance goes up to 22.99%.
The BMO CashBack® Mastercard®* also offers users various add-on features, like identity theft assistance, BMO travel insurance options, CreditDefence, BMO Roadside Assistance and BMO Credit Card Balance Protection — though these perks do cost additional fees.
In addition to its $0 annual fee, the BMO CashBack® Mastercard®* offers users competitive rates. It has a purchase interest rate of 19.99% and a cash advance rate of 22.99%.
Why get the BMO CashBack® Mastercard®*?
Get extended warranties - All CashBack users automatically get extended warranty benefits, which means you’ll get a one-year extension on the warranty for every item you buy with the card. The only exception is when the original warranty exceeds five years.
Protection for purchases - CashBack has your back when it comes to theft. You'll be protected in instances of unauthorized use, and are saddled with zero liability. Each card is also embedded with a PIN-protected microchip to ensure optimum protection, and an added layer of security for online shopping, thanks to Mastercard SecureCode.
Discounts on rental cars - Users can get up to 25% off of rentals at both Alamo Rent a Car and National Car Rental. The discount will vary by rental date, location, and vehicle type.
Read an in-depth review of this card from our team.