Get this card
BMO CashBack® Mastercard®*Apply Now
- Network Provider
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- RewardsBalance TransferNo Fee
- Annual fee
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- 22.99% 21.99% for Quebec residents
- Balance transfer rate
- 0.99% 22.99% after 9 months
- Credit Needed
- Good (650-749)
Welcome offer: Get 5% cash back in your first 3 months*
- Then get 3% cash back on grocery purchases, 1% cash back on recurring bill payments and 0.5% unlimited cash back on all other purchases!*
- Now earn the highest cash back on groceries in Canada without paying an annual fee!†
- Get a 0.99% introductory interest rate on Balance Transfers for 9 months, 2% fee applies to balance amounts transferred*
- No Annual fee*
- Want to get your cash back ASAP? Now you can redeem your cash back anytime through direct deposit, as a credit on your statement or into your BMO InvestorLine account*
- Extended Warranty*
- Purchase Protection*
- Receive a discount on car rentals*
- Minimum 15K individual income*
BMO is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply Now link for the most up to date information.
*Terms and conditions apply
†Statement based on a comparison of the non-promotional grocery rewards earn rate on Canadian cash back credit cards as of June 1, 2022.
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Rental Car Discounts
About This Card
The BMO CashBack® Mastercard®* is a no-fee, cash-back rewards credit card available to people with an above-average credit score.
This card has a competitive offer for new cardholders: 5% cash back on on all purchases for the first 3 months. After that, cardholders will ear 3% on groceries, 1% recurring bill payments, and unlimited 0.05% cashback on anything else.
There's also a balance transfer offer when you apply. You can transfer a balance from another credit and pay only 0.99% interest on it for nine months. There is a 2% fee tacked onto the balance amount transferred. After the nine-month period, the interest on the balance goes up to 22.99%.
The BMO CashBack® Mastercard®* also offers users various add-on features, like identity theft assistance, BMO travel insurance options, CreditDefence, BMO Roadside Assistance and BMO Credit Card Balance Protection — though these perks do cost additional fees.
In addition to its $0 annual fee, the BMO CashBack® Mastercard®* offers users competitive rates. It has a purchase interest rate of 19.99% and a cash advance rate of 22.99%.
Why get the BMO CashBack® Mastercard®*?
Get extended warranties - All CashBack users automatically get extended warranty benefits, which means you’ll get a one-year extension on the warranty for every item you buy with the card. The only exception is when the original warranty exceeds five years.
Protection for purchases - CashBack has your back when it comes to theft. You'll be protected in instances of unauthorized use, and are saddled with zero liability. Each card is also embedded with a PIN-protected microchip to ensure optimum protection, and an added layer of security for online shopping, thanks to Mastercard SecureCode.
Discounts on rental cars - Users can get up to 25% off of rentals at both Alamo Rent a Car and National Car Rental. The discount will vary by rental date, location, and vehicle type.Apply Now