The Desjardins Group is North America’s largest federation of credit unions. It was founded in 1900 in Lévis, Que. and is currently headquartered in Canada’s second-largest city, Montreal.
While Desjardins isn't technically a bank, it competes directly with the biggest banks in Canada in terms of product offerings and assets. The Desjardins brand has stood for building community and being easy to do business with since its inception. As a cooperative financial institution, those values form the core of its business model. Banking with Desjardins doesn’t mean just being its customer — it means being its co-owner.
In 2015, Desjardins purchased U.S. insurer State Farm's Canadian book of business, making it the country's third largest provider of property and casualty insurance.
Desjardins offers a wide array of discounts and savings opportunities for its auto insurance products for any customer, but Desjardins members enjoy exclusive discounts and rewards on top of those.
|Province||User satisfaction rating|
The Desjardins advantage
There are many ways to save money with Desjardins auto insurance:
- Multi-vehicle discount: Save up to 15% when you insure more than one vehicle.
- Double contract discount: Save 15% on your home insurance when you bundle it with your auto policy.
- Desjardins auto loan discount: Save $50 when you insure a vehicle financed with a Desjardins car loan.
- Ontario winter tire discount: get a discount for using certified winter tires during the winter months.
Ajusto telematics discount - Use the Ajusto app and be rewarded for good driving habits with up to 25% off your car insurance.
Zero violations discount - Good driving should be rewarded, so drivers with no highway safety code violations in the last three years can save up to 10%.
Green discount - Get up to 20% off for driving a fuel-efficient, hybrid, or electric vehicle.
Yes. Desjardins has a free mobile app for members available on Apple and Android devices (smartphones, smartwatches and tablets included).
These are some of the features the mobile app and website have that make banking from the comfort of your home easier and more secure than ever:
- Mobile cheque deposit
- Mobile payment with Desjardins mobile payment, Apple Pay and Android Pay
- Check your account balances
- View up to 12 months of your transaction history
- Add bill payments
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Make Interac e-Transfers
- Open savings and investment accounts
- Apply for credit cards or mortgages
- Contact a Desjardins advisor
- Request an insurance quote
- Fingerprint sensor/Touch ID unlock
How to submit a claim with Desjardins
To submit a claim, call the Desjardins claim centre. It’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and it’s the quickest way to get your claim processed:
What else does Desjardins do?
Desjardins offers a variety of insurance products including:
- Home insurance
- Tenant insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- RV insurance
- Boat insurance
- Pet insurance
- Commercial insurance
- Life insurance
- Health insurance