Learn more about Desjardins Insurance.
The Desjardins Group is North America’s largest federation of credit unions. It was founded in 1900 in Lévis, Que. and is currently headquartered in Canada’s second-largest city, Montreal.
Desjardins Insurance Canada is one of the country’s major insurance providers. In 2015, Desjardins purchased U.S. insurer State Farm's Canadian book of business, making it the country's third-largest provider of property and casualty insurance.
While Desjardins isn't technically a bank, it competes directly with the biggest banks in Canada in terms of product offerings and assets. The Desjardins brand has stood for building community and being easy to do business with since its inception. As a cooperative financial institution, those values form the core of its business model. Banking with Desjardins doesn’t mean just being its customer — it means being its co-owner.
Desjardins’s car insurance arm offers all customers a wide array of discounts and savings opportunities for its auto insurance products, but Desjardins members enjoy exclusive discounts and rewards on top of the standard discounts.
Keep reading to learn more about Desjardins’ car insurance options in Canada.
The Desjardins car insurance advantage.
There are many ways to save money with Desjardins auto insurance:
- Multi-vehicle discount: Save up to 15% when you insure more than one vehicle.
- Double contract discount: Save 15% on your home insurance when you bundle it with your auto policy.
- Desjardins auto loan discount: Save $50 when you insure a vehicle financed with a Desjardins car loan.
- Ontario winter tire discount: Get a discount for using certified winter tires during the winter months.
Ajusto telematics discount - Use the Ajusto app and be rewarded for good driving habits with up to 25% off your car insurance.
Zero violations discount - Good driving should be rewarded, so drivers with no highway safety code violations in the last three years can save up to 10%.
Green discount - Get up to 20% off for driving a fuel-efficient, hybrid, or electric vehicle.
Is there an app?
Yes. Desjardins has a free mobile app for members available on Apple and Android devices (smartphones, smartwatches and tablets included). Banking from the comfort of your home is now easier and more secure than ever.
Here are some of the features you can access when you login to the Desjardins mobile app or website:
- Mobile cheque deposit.
- Mobile payment with Desjardins mobile payment, Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Check your account balances.
- View up to 12 months of your transaction history.
- Add bill payments.
- Transfer funds between accounts.
- Make Interac e-Transfers.
- Open savings and investment accounts.
- Apply for credit cards or mortgages.
- Contact a Desjardins advisor.
- Request an insurance quote.
- Fingerprint sensor/Touch ID unlock.
How to submit a claim with Desjardins
To submit a car insurance claim, contact the Desjardins insurance claim centre. It’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and it’s the quickest way to get your claim processed.
These are the phone numbers for Desjardins Insurance to file a car insurance claim:
- North America
- (Country code) + 800-463-5666-6
Join the millions of Canadians saving money on auto insurance
The first rule of saving money is to shop around for the best price. Make sure you’re not overpaying for car insurance by comparing insurance providers before you settle on one. LowestRates.ca makes comparing multiple auto insurance companies a snap. We don’t sell insurance — we’re completely independent — but we can show you which insurer is offering the lowest price. Just enter your postal code and in 3 minutes we’ll show you rates from 50+ Canadian insurance providers. Best of all? It’s free.