Get this card
Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® CardApply Now
- Network Provider
- American Express
- American Express
- Annual fee
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- 21.99% *provided you make your minimum monthly payments on time
- Balance transfer rate
- Credit Needed
- Good (650-749)
- New Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Cardmembers earn 60,000 Welcome Bonus points after you charge $3,000 in net purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership*
- Plus, get a $120 statement credit when you charge $10,000 in net purchases to your card in your first twelve months of card membership. Offer subject to change at any time*
- Earn 5 points for every dollar in eligible Card purchases at participating Marriott BonvoyTM properties
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in all other Card purchases
- Receive an Annual Free Night Award for up to 35,000 points at eligible hotels and resorts worldwide every year after your first anniversary
- No annual fee on Additional Cards
- Redeem points for free nights with no blackout dates at over 7,000 of the world’s most desired hotels
- Automatic Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status membership
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year with your Marriott BonvoyTM American Express® Card. These can be used towards attaining the next level of Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program
- Enjoy an automatic upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status when you reach $30,000 in purchases on the Card each year
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Entertainment Benefits
- Hotel Benefits
- Purchase Protection
- Travel Benefits
About This Card
Those with good credit scores (650 to 900) can apply for the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® card, which was released in January 2019 to replace the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express card. It’s now the only Marriott co-branded credit card left in the country.
The Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® card is geared toward globetrotters. Cardholders can use their card abroad for a 2.5% foreign transaction fee and get access to travel insurance, although travel emergency medical insurance is excluded.
The Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® card boasts competitive earn rates, a healthy signup bonus and vast redemption privileges:
- Collect five Marriott Bonvoy points for every $1 you spend on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Collect two Marriott Bonvoy points for every $1 you spend anywhere else
- Enjoy a signup bonus of 60,000 points when you charge $3,000 in net purchases to your card within the first three months
- Plus, get a statement credit of $120 when you charge $10,000 in net purchases to your card during the first 12 months of card membership
- The ability to redeem points at any of the 7,000 hotels that make up the Marriott Bonvoy network
If you book four nights using your points (a free night can cost anywhere from 7,500 to 85,000 points), you get the fifth night free.
Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® cardholders need to keep their accounts active in order to take advantage of their points, which will expire if there’s been no account activity for two years.
The Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® card has an annual fee of $120 and supplementary cards are free.
Why get the Mariott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card?
60,000-point signup bonus - New Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® cardmembers earn 60,000 Welcome Bonus points after you charge $3,000 in net purchases to your card in your first three months of cardmembership. Plus, get a $120 statement credit when you charge $10,000 in net purchases to your card in your first 12 months of card membership.
Free in-room wifi - Cardholders can take advantage of free premium internet access when they stay at Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
Transfer points to airlines - Designed with travellers in mind, this feature of the card allows cardholders to transfer their Marriott Bonvoy points to different airlines — Air Canada is one of them — at a 3:1 ratio. If you transfer 60,000 points, you get 5,000 bonus airline miles.
Free anniversary night award - Cardholders get a free one night stay at a Marriott Bonvoy hotel each year on the anniversary of signing up for the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® card. This perk allows cardholders to book a room that’s normally worth up to 35,000 points.