Get this card
Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® CardApply Now
- Network Provider
- American Express
- American Express
- Annual fee
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- 21.99% *provided you make your minimum monthly payments on time
- Balance transfer rate
- Credit Needed
- Good (650-749)
- New Marriott Bonvoy™* American Express® Cardmembers earn 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy™ points enough for 3 free nights at a Category 2 hotel after you charge $1,500 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership. *Offer subject to change at any time
- Earn 5 points for every dollar in eligible Card purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy™* properties
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in all other Card purchases
- Receive an Annual Free Night Award for up to 35,000 points at eligible hotels and resorts worldwide every year after your first anniversary
- No annual fee on Additional Cards
- Redeem points for free nights with no blackout dates at over 7,000 of the world’s most desired hotels
- Automatic Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status membership
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year with your Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card. These can be used towards attaining the next level of Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program
- Enjoy an automatic upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite status when you reach $30,000 in purchases on the Card each year
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Entertainment Benefits
- Hotel Benefits
- Purchase Protection
- Travel Benefits
About This Card
Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest merged their loyalty programs last year. The result? The Marriott Bonvoy American Express credit card.
Those with good to excellent credit scores (650 to 900) can apply for the Marriott Bonvoy, which was released in January 2019 to replace the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express card. It’s now the only Marriott co-branded credit card left in the country.
The Marriott Bonvoy card is geared toward globetrotters. Cardholders can use their card abroad for a 2.5% foreign transaction fee and get access to travel insurance, although travel emergency medical insurance is excluded.
The Marriott Bonvoy boasts competitive earn rates, a healthy signup bonus and vast redemption privileges:
- Collect five Marriott Bonvoy points for every $1 you spend on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Collect two Marriott Bonvoy points for every $1 you spend anywhere else
- Enjoy a signup bonus of 50,000 points when you charge $1,500 to your card within the first three months.
- The ability to redeem points at any of the 7,000 hotels that make up the Marriott Bonvoy network
If you book four nights using your points (a free night can cost anywhere from 7,500 to 85,000 points), you get the fifth night free.
Marriott Bonvoy cardholders need to keep their accounts active in order to take advantage of their points, which will expire if there’s been no account activity for two years.
The Mariott Bonvoy American Express card has an annual fee of $120 and supplementary cards are free.
Why get the Mariott Bonvoy Card?
50,000-point signup bonus - While the signup bonus did decrease from 60,000 points earlier this year, it’s still a good chunk of points to earn right out of the gate. Cardholders have to charge at least $1,500 to their card within the first three months to be eligible for the bonus.
Free in-room wifi - Cardholders can take advantage of free premium internet access when they stay at Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
Transfer points to airlines - Designed with travellers in mind, this feature of the card allows cardholders to transfer their Marriott Bonvoy points to different airlines — Air Canada is one of them — at a 3:1 ratio. If you transfer 60,000 points, you get 5,000 bonus airline miles.
Free anniversary night award - Cardholders get a free one night stay at a Marriott Bonvoy hotel each year on the anniversary of signing up for the Marriott Bonvoy Amex. This perk allows cardholders to book a room that’s normally worth up to 35,000 points.
Read an in-depth review of this card from our team.