Get this card
Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* CardApply Now
- Network Provider
- American Express
- American Express
- Annual fee
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- 21.99% *provided you make your minimum monthly payments on time
- Balance transfer rate
- Credit Needed
- Good (650-749)
- New Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Cardmembers earn 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points after you charge $1,500 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership. Subject to change at any time.
- Earn 5 points for every dollar in eligible Card purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in all other Card purchases
- Receive an Annual Free Night Award for up to 35,000 points at eligible hotels and resorts worldwide every year after your first anniversary
- No annual fee on Additional Cards
- Redeem points for free nights with no blackout dates at over 7,000 of the world’s most desired hotels
- Automatic Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status membership
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year with your Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Card. These can be used towards attaining the next level of Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program
- Enjoy an automatic upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status when you reach $30,000 in purchases on the Card each year
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- Entertainment Benefits
- Hotel Benefits
- Purchase Protection
- Travel Benefits
About This Card
Those with good credit scores (650 to 900) can apply for the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express®* card, which was released in January 2019 to replace the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express card. It’s now the only Marriott co-branded credit card left in the country.
The Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* card is geared toward globetrotters. Cardholders can use their card abroad for a 2.5% foreign transaction fee and get access to travel insurance, although travel emergency medical insurance is excluded.
The Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® card boasts competitive earn rates, a healthy signup bonus and vast redemption privileges:
- Collect 5 Marriott Bonvoy® points for every $1 you spend on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Collect 2 Marriott Bonvoy® points for every $1 you spend on everything else
- New Marriott Bonvoy® American Express Cardmembers, earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus points after they charge $1,500 in net purchases to your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership
- The ability to redeem points with no blackout dates at 7,000 hotels that make up the Marriott Bonvoy™ network
If you book four nights using your points (a free night can cost anywhere from 7,500 to 85,000 points), you get the fifth night free.
Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® cardholders need to keep their accounts active in order to take advantage of their points, which will expire if there’s been no account activity for two years.
The Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express®* card has an annual fee of $120 and supplementary cards are free.
Why get the Mariott Bonvoy® American Express®* Card?
50,000-point signup bonus - New Marriott Bonvoy® American Express Cardmembers, earn 65,000 Welcome Bonus points after you charge $1,500 in net purchases to your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership
Free in-room wifi - Cardholders can take advantage of free premium internet access when they stay at Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
Transfer points to airlines - Designed with travellers in mind, this feature of the card allows cardholders to transfer their Marriott Bonvoy points to different airlines — Air Canada is one of them — at a 3:1 ratio. If you transfer 60,000 points, you get 5,000 bonus airline miles.
Free anniversary night award - Cardholders get a free one night stay at a Marriott Bonvoy hotel each year on the anniversary of signing up for the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® card. This perk allows cardholders to book a room that’s normally worth up to 35,000 points.