Get this card
BMO Ascend™ World Elite®* Mastercard®*Apply Now
- Network Provider
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- Annual fee
- $150 $0 for the first year
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- 23.99% 21.99% for Quebec residents
- Balance transfer rate
- Credit Needed
- Excellent (750-900)
Welcome Offer: Get up to 60,000 points – 30,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months plus 2,500 points for each subsequent month in which you make at least $2,000 in purchases on your card, for 12 months), and the $150 annual fee waived in the first year.*
- Get 5 BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on travel*
- Get 3 BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on recurring bill payments, dining and entertainment purchases*
- Get 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere else*
- Complimentary membership in Mastercard Travel Pass provided by DragonPass,* with four annual complimentary passes
- Get valuable benefits and offers for digital everyday services from a variety of on-demand apps and subscription services
- Access over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world - all at no added cost, and no added fees or roaming charges*
- Points you can use to cover all flights charges and taxes*
- Fly on any airline, with no blackout dates*
- Minimum 80K individual or 150K household income*
- Best-in-class travel and medical insurance (unlimited trips per year)*
- Access to BMO Concierge Service*
- Unlock Mastercard Travel Rewards cashback offers when you travel and shop outside of Canada
BMO is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply Now link for the most up to date information.
*Terms and conditions apply.
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Airport Lounge Access
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Travel Benefits
About This Card
The BMO Ascend™ World Elite®* Mastercard®* lets you collect a mountain of travel rewards points quickly.
You earn one point for every dollar charged to the card; 5,000 points is equivalent to $50. Three points are earned for every dollar spent on dining, and entertainment and recurring bill payment purchases.
New cardholders get a head-start on collecting points with a welcome offer of 30,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months, plus 2,500 points for each subsequent month in which you make at least $2,000 in purchases on your card, for 12 months)
You can't redeem points for cash, though — you can only use them towards travel (and your trip must be booked on BMO's travel portal).
The BMO Ascend™ World Elite®* Mastercard®* offers more than a good cash-to-points conversion rate; it also comes with a plethora of additional benefits, like extended warranty and purchase protection. Of course, the card offers some attractive travel perks, as well.
Users enjoy access to VIP airport lounges all over the globe, as well as comprehensive travel and medical insurance coverage on any trip booked using the card. The BMO Asend™ World Elite®* Mastercard®* also covers users for damage insurance on rented vehicles.
The $150 annual fee is waived in the first year.
The card requires an excellent credit score and an annual income of at least $80,000 annually, or a household income of $150,000 or more.
Why get the BMO Ascend™ World Elite®* Mastercard®*?
Outstanding points conversion – Every dollar you charge to the BMO Ascend™ World Elite®* Mastercard®* nets you a 2% return, and when you spend on special categories (travel, dining, and entertainment), that figure goes up to 3%. With a terrific conversion rate like that, it won’t take long before you’ve banked enough for your next trip.
Relax while you travel – The BMO Ascend™ World Elite®* Mastercard®* doesn’t just get you where you want to go; it gets you there relaxed and stress-free. Cardholders can avoid the bustle of the airport in VIP lounges worldwide while enjoying travel, car rental and medical insurance coverage.
Go where you want, when you want – BMO’s travel points are eligible for use with any airline and are exempt from blackout dates and other restrictions. That means you can use your points to go anywhere, anytime.
Start off with 30,000 welcome points – Get up to 30,000 points – 25,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months plus 5,000 points on your first anniversary.
No fee for the first year - New cardholders will have the annual $150 fee waived.Apply Now