Get this card
MBNA Rewards World Elite® Mastercard®
This offer is not available to residents of Quebec. For residents of Quebec, please click here.Apply Now
- Network Provider
- Annual fee
- $120 Additional Card Annual Fee: $50 for one authorized user (if you have one).
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance rate
- Balance transfer rate
- Credit Needed
- Good (650-749)
- 20,000 bonus points†† (approximately $165 in cash back value) after you make $2,000 or more in eligible purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening.
- 10,000 bonus points††(approximately $80 in cash back value) once enrolled for paperless e-statements within the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 5 points‡ for every $1 spent on eligible restaurant, grocery, digital media, membership, and household utility purchases until $50,000 is spent annually in the applicable category. 1 point‡ for every $1 on all other eligible purchases
- Each year, you will receive Birthday Bonus Points‡ equal to 10% of the total number of Points the Account earned in the 12 months before the month of your birthday, to a maximum Birthday Bonus each year of 15,000 Points.
- Redeem points‡ for cash back, brand-name merchandise, gift cards from participating retailers, charitable donations, and travel.
- Standard Annual Interest Rates of 19.99% on purchases, 22.99% on balance transfers✪, and 24.99% on cash advances
- Mobile Device Insurance*** With Mobile Device Insurance, you’ve got up to $1,000 in coverage for eligible mobile devices in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical breakdown
- $120 annual fee. $50 Additional Card Annual Fee for one authorized user (if you have one).
- To qualify, your personal annual income must be greater than $80,000, or your household annual income must be $150,000 or greater††††
About This Card
The MBNA Rewards World Elite Mastercard is a premium credit card with an annual fee of $120. In order to qualify, you must have an annual income that’s greater than $80,000, or an annual household income of $150,000 or more.
If you meet the criteria and can afford the annual fee, this is a valuable card to have in your arsenal. Every dollar spent on the card earns you 5 MBNA rewards points whenever you make eligible purchases.
Eligible purchases include dining out, groceries, digital media, memberships, and household utility bills up until $50,000 is spent annually in each category. You earn 1 point for every $1 on all other purchases.
Your points can be redeemed for cash or, alternatively, for items featured in the MBNA Rewards catalogue. It features everything from home appliances and decor, to electronics, sports and leisure equipment, and more.
And right now you can receive up to 30,000 bonus points when you sign up. Here's how:
- Spend $2,000 or more in eligible purchases within the first 90 days and earn 20,000 bonus points ($165 in cash back value).
- Enroll in paperless e-statements within the first 90 days and earn 10,000 bonus points ($80 in cash back value).
MBNA Rewards Points never expire and there’s no cap on how much you can collect. Perhaps best of all, you receive Birthday Bonus Points equal to 10% of the total number of points you earned within the last 12 months (to a maximum of 15,000 Birthday Bonus).
The purchase interest rate is 19.99%, the cash advance rate is 24.99% and the balance transfer rate is 22.99%.
Sponsored advertising. MBNA is a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) and TD is not responsible for the contents of this site including any editorials or reviews that may appear on this site. For complete information on this MBNA credit card, please click on the Apply Now button.
Travel medical insuranceC - Up to $2 million of coverage for the first 21 days of your trip if the insured person is under 65 years old.
Delayed and lost baggage insuranceD - Up to $1,000 in coverage per insured person per trip toward the purchase of essentials such as clothes and toiletries if your baggage is delayed for over 4 hours or lost.
Flight/trip delay insuranceE - Up to $500 in coverage per insured person if your flight/trip is delayed for over 4 hours.
Mobile device insurance*** - With mobile device insurance, you’ve got up to $1,000 in coverage for eligible mobile devices in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical breakdown.
Price protection***** - If you purchase an eligible item with your card and find the same product advertised in Canada at a lower price within 60 days of the purchase, the difference will be refunded subject to a maximum of $500 per item and a calendar year maximum of $1,000 per account. Certain conditions and exclusions apply.Apply Now
‡ These are highlights of the credit card rewards program (the "Program") associated with this credit card account. Points will be awarded on eligible transactions charged to your account as set out in the Program terms and conditions. The account will earn five (5) points per dollar spent on eligible restaurant, grocery, digital media, membership, and household utility purchases until you spend $50,000 annually (per calendar year) in the applicable category. Other eligible purchases will earn a Base Earn Rate of one (1) point per dollar. Each year, the account will receive Birthday Bonus Points equal to 10% of the total number of Points the account earned in the 12 months before the month of the primary cardholder's birthday, to a maximum Birthday Bonus each year of 15,000 Points. The Birthday Bonus Points will be added to the account before the end of the primary cardholder's birthday month. The redemption rate for Points earned may differ depending on the redemption option chosen. Complete terms and conditions describing Program eligibility, accrual, earn limits, and redemption of Points, and other important conditions will be sent after your account is opened. Please read the terms and conditions carefully upon receipt.
†† To qualify for this offer, an applicant must be approved for the specific credit card account described in the offer. Welcome bonus of 20,000 points will be awarded if $2,000 in eligible Purchases are made on your Account within the first 90 days of account opening that are not subsequently rescinded, the subject of a charge back request(s) or otherwise disputed. In order to obtain a "Paperless Bonus" of 10,000 bonus points, you must enroll in online banking at HYPERLINK "https://www.mbna.ca/en/" www.mbna.ca and consent to Paperless Statements for the account within the first 90 days of account opening, and not subsequently rescind such enrollment throughout this period. Please allow 8-10 weeks for the applicable bonus points to be posted to your points account. Limit one-time bonus point offer (no cash value) per new account for each bonus point offer. This offer is not available to residents of Quebec. This promotion is offered by MBNA and may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice.
†††† To be eligible for a World Elite account, your personal annual income must be greater than $80,000, or your household annual income must be $150,000 or greater. Additional account qualification criteria apply as set out in the application.
✪ Balance transfers will be fulfilled in the order listed and are treated as balance transfers in accordance with your Account Agreement. The total value of balance transfers cannot exceed your authorized credit limit. If the value is greater, MBNA may send a partial payment to the named creditor/designated account. THERE WILL BE A TRANSACTION FEE EQUAL TO 1.00 % OF THE DOLLAR AMOUNT OF EACH BALANCE TRANSFER INITIATED WITH THIS APPLICATION. A MINIMUM FEE OF $7.50 WILL APPLY TO EACH BALANCE TRANSFER TRANSACTION. A balance transfer may not be used to pay off or down your account balance or any other balances with us (including our affiliates, which would include any member of the TD Bank Group).
*** Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC). To be eligible for Mobile Device Insurance you must use your Account to pay all of your monthly mobile bill payments and any upfront costs or pay at least 75% of the purchase price with your Account when paying the full cost of your mobile device up front. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions that are fully described in the Certificates of Insurance included with your Guide to Coverage. ABIC, its subsidiaries, and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant ®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc.
***** Price Protection Service is not insurance but a service provided by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. Details are provided in the Statement of Services included with your Guide to Coverage.