Get the best rates on RV insurance
Don’t let anything interrupt your annual family road trip. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll help you find the cheapest rates on RV insurance — just like that.
Why do I need RV insurance?
From weekend trips to treks across the country, more and more Canadians are hitting the open road in an RV. But most of us are focused on the adventure ahead, not the liability issues or medical expenses that could pop up along the way.
Here’s the problem: while an RV is a home and a vehicle, neither your home nor your standard auto insurance policy covers your RV. You need the proper coverage — RV insurance — if you want to stay protected during your travels.
How does RV insurance work?
Think of your RV insurance as an auto, home, and travel insurance policy all rolled into one — you can get coverage for collisions, bodily injuries, liability, emergency expenses, and more. For example, if your RV is ever compromised, you won’t have to worry about paying for unplanned hotel or transportation costs if you have the right RV coverage.
You’ll also have some peace of mind when it comes to your personal belongings. RV insurance can cover the items inside your RV as well, so if anything (like your electronics, furniture, appliances, etc.) gets stolen or damaged as the result of a covered peril, you can fall back on your policy.
What type of RV can I insure through LowestRates.ca?
You can insure everything from trailers to park models and everything in between, including the following:
- Fifth wheels
- Travel trailers
- Tent trailers
- Camper units
- Park models
But while you can insure almost any kind of RV, age is also a factor. Your RV may not be eligible for certains types of coverage (example: guaranteed replacement coverage) if your RV is older than a certain number of years. Of course, those limits are often set by individual insurers.
How do I get a quote?
Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you find the best RV insurance quote available in your area.
Why should I shop for RV insurance online?
Like any other type of insurance (or any other financial product), RV insurance rates vary from provider to provider. A quick comparison check helps you score the best rate, find the right policy, and spend smart. Plus, shopping for RV insurance online is simple and free. You’ll get the cheapest RV insurance quote in the shortest amount of time.
What kind of coverage does RV insurance include?
Coverage options differ slightly from province to province, but here’s a rundown of what most standard RV insurance policies include. You’ll notice that they’re not very different from auto insurance policies.
- Third-party liability: covers third-party injuries, deaths, and damages.
- Accident benefits: covers your medical, rehabilitation, and funeral expenses and provides loss of income benefits.
- Direct compensation property damage (DCPD): covers damages to your RV and the personal property that’s inside.
Can I add extra coverage to my RV insurance policy?
Yes, of course. You can always add protections that go beyond the basic RV insurance package — just ask the insurance provider to tell you what types of coverage are available in your province. In general, here are some of the insurance add-ons you might consider:
- Collision: covers repair or replacement costs if a collision damages your RV (whether that’s a motorhome, trailer, park model, etc.).
- Comprehensive: Insures your RV against damages caused by fire, flood, vandalism, or another peril that you couldn’t avoid.
- Contents: pays to replace the items inside your RV in the event that they’re stolen or damaged.
- Guaranteed replacement: covers the replacement cost of your RV if it’s stolen or damaged beyond repair.
- Alternate transportation: pays for your car rental (or another form of alternate transportation) if you can’t drive your RV due to damages.
- Family protection: extra coverage in case you or a member of your family are injured or killed in an accident involving an uninsured driver.
How do I save money on RV insurance?
Just do the basics — research your options and drive carefully. Here’s a quick guide to getting cheap RV insurance in Canada.
- Shop around: Insurance is a competitive industry. Different providers will offer different rates for your RV insurance, so make sure you compare offers before you move forward with a policy.
- Travel safely: RVs aren’t your average vehicle — they’re larger, heavier, and taller, which means driving them is a little more difficult. Be cautious on the road and (hopefully) minimize your exposure to risks.
- Buy what you need: Extra insurance means extra money. And while it is better to be safe than sorry, it’s also smarter to only pay for the coverage you actually need. Remember: you can consult with an insurance specialist and ask what coverage you should get.