High praise for LowestRates.ca
The BMO advantage.
Meet BMO, the fourth largest of Canada’s Big Five Banks. BMO is known for its robust credit card portfolio and its strong partnerships. BMO’s Mastercard partnership allows them to offer several BMO Mastercard credit cards to Canadians. If you’re looking for a Visa credit card, BMO offers BMO Visa credit cards. BMO also partners with the popular loyalty program, AIR MILES, to offer you a wealth of credit card options if you want to earn bonus Air Miles while shopping. Please note that BMO doesn’t currently offer any BMO Amex credit cards. Please check the BMO credit card site for more information.
Here are some of the other great benefits you’ll get when you choose a BMO credit card.
BMO has made paying with your credit card even easier. Its cards are accessible via Apple Pay, which means you can add your BMO credit card to your Apple device and enjoy the security and convenience of paying from your mobile device. So, start shopping with your BMO credit card online and in-store using Apple Pay to enjoy quicker checkouts.
Award-winning mobile banking app
The BMO app lets you do everything on the go, including viewing your accounts and account activity, paying your bills, transferring money between accounts, sending Interac e-Transfers®, accessing your credit card statements, and more. Tracking your offline and online BMO credit card payments has never been easier.
Two of BMO’s most popular credit cards, the BMO Rewards® Mastercard and the BMO World Elite™* Mastercard®*, give you access to BMO’s exclusive rewards program. The program lets you collect points that can be redeemed for flights, hotels, merchandise, and gift cards. You also have the option to use your rewards points to contribute to a BMO Investment Account or make a charitable donation.
Need more credit card rewards in your life? BMO has partnerships with two major loyalty programs: AIR MILES and SPC. So, whether you’re an avid traveller who’s always thinking about the next getaway or a student on the hunt for great discounts, BMO has a card for you. There are always several options in a BMO rewards credit cards.
As one of Canada’s oldest and best recognized loyalty programs, Air Miles integrates with hundreds of companies. Check out the BMO AIR MILES®† Mastercard®* or the BMO AIR MILES®† World Elite™* Mastercard®* to start earning Air Miles that you can use toward discounts on flights, hotels, and more.
The Student Price Card (SPC) offers exclusive deals and discounts at hundreds of retailers and restaurants, and it’s one of the leading loyalty programs in the country. With most SPC discounts ranging from 10-15%, it’s a great option for frugal students and first-time credit card holders. Try the BMO SPC®† CashBack® Mastercard®* for a no-fee card option that gives you all the benefits of an SPC card, plus a 1% cash back rate on all purchases.
Choosing the right BMO credit card
When it comes to finding the right BMO credit card, understanding your overall lifestyle and spending habits is important. Once you know what kind of card you want, LowestRates.ca makes BMO credit card comparisons easier for you.
Here are the types of BMO credit cards available in Canada:
- BMO zero annual fee credit cards: When you pick a BMO credit card with no annual fee, you enjoy the convenience and flexibility of using a credit card, without spending any money on credit card fees. Save money without having to compromise on credit card benefits such as Apple Pay, automatic bill payments etc.
- BMO rewards credit cards: BMO offers you a great variety of rewards credit cards to choose from, such as cash back credit cards, rewards points credit cards and much more. Not to mention, amazing sign-up offers and perks that come along with them. So, start earning rewards points with a BMO credit card today.
- BMO travel credit cards: If you like travelling, why not have a travel card that makes your trips more convenient and enjoyable? With BMO travel credit cards, enjoy low exchange rates, travel insurance, airport lounge access, travel rewards and much more.
- BMO student credit cards: Saving money as a student can be challenging. Using a BMO student credit card allows you to enjoy a zero annual fee and great BMO credit card perks and benefits.
- BMO low interest rate credit cards: Paying your credit card balance is easy when you have a BMO low interest rate credit card, as less of your money will be going towards hefty credit card interest, allowing you to pay off your statement balance easily.
How to apply for a BMO credit card
You can easily apply for a BMO credit card by completing a BMO credit card application online.
You will need the following information along with your BMO credit card application:
- Your legal name
- Your current and previous addresses
- Your annual income (gross)
- Your employment details
Once you submit your application, the credit card provider will use the given information to do a credit check and review your overall eligibility for the applied BMO credit card and credit limit. Your credit score may drop slightly due to the hard credit check, but it will bounce back soon, so don’t worry!
When you successfully pass your BMO credit card eligibility check, you’ll receive your new card in the mail. Please note, you will have to follow the BMO credit card activation steps before you can start using your new card.
Formed in 1817, the Bank of Montreal (BMO) is Canada's oldest bank. It was the first bank to adopt branch banking, quickly establishing outposts in Kingston, Ont. and Quebec City. The institution became a major force in central Canada when it merged with Molson Bank in 1925, expanding its reach deep into Ontario. The bank then went on to national prominence, expanding from coast to coast in the decades that followed and gaining a significant footprint in the U.S. In 1977, the Bank of Montreal later moved its headquarters to Toronto, which was quickly dethroning Montreal as the centre of Canadian finance. Explore our BMO card offers above.
LowestRates.ca may receive compensation when you click on links to those products or services; however, our content and calculations are objective and free from bias. The opinions expressed are purely those of LowestRates.ca; thus, partners are not responsible for any editorials or reviews that may appear. For current term and conditions on any advertiser or partner’s product, please visit their website.
Credit card news
Your guide to being a credit card super churner in Canada
This article has been updated from a previous version. Want to score a free flight or hundreds of dollars ...
10 credit cards with mobile device insurance in Canada
This article has been updated from a previous version. A decade ago, you probably wouldn’t have hear...