Learn more about PC Insurance.
President’s Choice Financial — usually shortened to PC Financial — is the financial services brand owned by Canadian supermarket retail company Loblaw Companies Limited. Founded in 1996, PC Financial is headquartered in Toronto, Ont., and currently offers two financial products to Canadians: credit cards and insurance.
The insurance products offered by PC Financial include auto insurance, home insurance, pet insurance, and travel insurance. Auto and home insurance are available in Ontario, Alberta, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland. Pet insurance is available in all Canadian provinces. Travel insurance is available in all Canadian provinces except Quebec.
As a widely recognized and competitively priced consumer brand, President’s Choice has earned the trust of value-seeking Canadians across the country. The financial products offered under the PC Financial brand build upon the company’s reputation of quality and value pricing, making PC Financial a top choice for many savvy consumers.
The PC Insurance advantage.
Canada’s own PC Financial car insurance is underwritten by a number of carefully vetted Canadian insurers and is arranged for PC Financial Insurance Broker Inc. As mentioned above, PC auto insurance is available to drivers in Ontario, Alberta, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland.
In order to find you the best auto insurance for your unique driving situation, PC Financial compares nine insurance companies for you. Furthermore, to help customers make an informed decision, PC Financial offers a comprehensive and easy to follow resource centre, covering everything from savings tips, safety checklists, and a breakdown of how auto insurance premiums are calculated.
In addition to educational support, PC Financial Insurance offers a number of industry standard auto insurance discounts, along with some unique offers. Here’s a list of what to keep in mind when it comes to PC Financial auto insurance:
- Clean driving record. An effective way to lower your auto insurance premium is to build a driving record that’s free of convictions or accidents.
- Bundling home and auto. If you combine your auto insurance and your home insurance with the same insurance company, you can save up to 15% on both policies with PC Financial.
- Winter tire discount. Auto insurance companies in Ontario are legally required to provide drivers with a discount (usually around 5%) if they buy and install winter tires on their vehicle during the colder months.
- Updated driving record. If you have a ticket on your driving record from a few years ago, and you’ve since graduated to a new license level (and have had no incidents since), you should update your driving record. It could result in a discount to your auto insurance premium.
- Anti-theft features. New anti-theft technology — such as engine immobilizers — can deter burglars from stealing your vehicle. Keep records of all such devices that you purchase and install; your insurance company might recognize their value and lower your rates as a result.
- Multi-vehicle. You may qualify for a multi-vehicle discount if you have more than one vehicle insured through the same company. Discounts are usually in the 5% to 15% range.
- Driver training. Most auto insurance providers offer a premium discount for new drivers who have successfully completed a formal driver-training course.
- Good student discounts. Some insurers will provide a discount for full-time students (usually in the 10% range) who provide official transcripts proving a high average (typically 80% or higher is required).
- Private parking discount. Some Ontario insurers offer a discount if you park your vehicle in a private space, such as a driveway or garage.
- Accident forgiveness. This auto insurance policy feature protects your driving record and your premium in the event of an ‘at-fault’ accident.
The best way to find out what rates you’ll pay in car insurance is to compare the market online. Compare PC Financial car insurance quotes online alongside 75+ other Canadian insurance providers on LowestRates.ca to make sure you’re securing the best rate.
PC Optimum points - If you pay your PC Financial auto insurance premium with your PC Financial Mastercard®, you earn 2x the regular PC Optimum points. These points are redeemable toward a number of products, including home furnishings, clothing, food, and more. Here’s how it works: every dollar paid with your PC Financial Mastercard® earns you 20 PC Optimum points, and because you can use your PC Financial Mastercard® to pay your auto insurance premium on a monthly basis, the points add up quickly. Once you’ve hit 10,000 PC Optimum points, you can redeem them for $10 at nearly 2,500 stores across Canada.
Waiving the service charge - If you pay your PC auto insurance premium annually — instead of monthly — PC Financial will waive the 3% service charge.
Customer feedback - Your PC Insurance Claims Professional will book a follow-up date, so you know when to expect to hear back regarding your claim. They will also request feedback about how your claim was handled, and what PC Financial can do to improve the process.
Is there an app?
No, PC Financial does not have an app for its insurance business. The company only offers digital services for customers who use the PC Financial Mastercard. Cardholders have access to online banking services once they login to the PC Financial mobile app.
How to submit a claim with PC Insurance
If your vehicle is stolen or damaged and you need to make a car insurance claim with PC Financial, there are three steps to follow:
Use the PC Financial phone number listed below to make a car insurance claim:
- To make a claim over the phone:
- Hours of availability:
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week
After calling that number, a PC Financial Insurance claims advisor will ask you for the following information: name, phone number, residential address, date of the incident, policy number and police report number.
Your advisor will review your immediate needs (arranging alternative transportation, replacing or repairing the property, finding an appraisal centre, etc.), then put you in contact with a PC Financial Insurance Claims Professional to complete the claims process.
After they’ve completed this review, a PC Financial Insurance Claims Professional will provide you information about your coverage, recommended vendors, vehicle damage and repair status, rental details, liability, deductible and claim payments.