We can help you find cheap car insurance in Ajax.
Cars are key to everyday living in suburban Ajax — and so is finding affordable insurance.
Shopping around for the best insurance rates is a great way to keep your transportation costs in check. That’s where we come in. At LowestRates.ca, you can compare Ajax automobile insurance quotes from multiple insurance companies in a matter of minutes.
We'll also connect you with a car insurance broker or agent in Ajax who will secure your new rate.
If you’re ready to start comparing now, simply enter your postal code and we’ll get to work finding you the best possible price on your Ajax auto insurance rates.
Not ready to compare quotes yet? Keep reading for tips to ensure you get the best price on your car insurance in Ajax and to learn more about how car insurance works in Ajax.
Your questions about car insurance in Ajax, answered.
How much is car insurance in Ajax?
There are many different factors that play into how much car insurance will cost for a particular driver, which is what makes it hard to give an estimate of car insurance cost in Ajax. An insurer will need to consider your driving history as well as your insurance needs before being able to provide you with a quote. That said, the IBC’s data shows the average auto insurance premiums by province is $1,505 per year.
It’s best to apply for a detailed quote to accurately estimate your insurance costs. You’ll need to tell a potential insurer some basic info about your vehicle, who will be driving it, as well as your driving and insurance history. With this information, an Ajax car insurance company can provide you with the most accurate estimate of premiums.
Which Ajax postal code has the highest average car insurance premiums?
According to data from LowestRates.ca, the Ajax postal code with the highest average car insurance premiums is the L1Z region. Its boundaries are Concession Road 5 to the north, Lake Ontario to the south, Lake Ridge Road to the east, and Salem Road (more or less) to the west.
Which Ajax postal code has the lowest average car insurance premiums?
According to data from LowestRates.ca, the Ajax postal code with the lowest average car insurance premiums is the L1M region. Its boundaries are more or less the town of Brooklin, where Highway 7 and Highway 12 intersect.
How do Ajax car insurance rates compare to other cities in Ontario?
We crunched our user data to see how the average car insurance rate for Ajax compares against the average rate from surrounding cities. Rates for drivers in other cities within the Durham region tend to be lower. Here’s how they compare to Ajax auto insurance rates:
- Pickering: - 1.6%
- Whitby: -9%
- Oshawa: - 1.4%
Where do I get the cheapest car insurance quotes in Ajax?
If you’re looking for cheap car insurance in Ajax, it’s important to know that there isn’t one particular car insurance company that will work for every Ajax driver. That’s because rates can vary significantly based on factors such as your driving history, insurance history, and specific coverage needs.
Driving history is one of the most important factors when it comes to determining the cost of your insurance premiums, which is why finding cheap car insurance for new Ajax drivers can be a challenge.
The good thing about the Ajax auto insurance market is that there are a lot of companies to choose from and we’ll compare them for you. Using a rate comparison site such as LowestRates.ca makes it easy to compare car insurance for new drivers in Ajax.
Another trick for securing affordable car insurance rates is to practice safe driving whenever you get behind the wheel. Follow the rules of the road and you’ll help secure the cheapest auto insurance available. Don’t forget to apply for any discounts (like the ones offered for bundling multiple insurance policies or for completing a driver’s education course), and choose your policy with care.
What factors affect the cost of car insurance in Ajax?
There are a few different factors that can affect the cost of auto insurance in Ajax, here are some to consider.
- Your mileage: How much you drive is another major factor when it comes to determining what you’ll pay in auto insurance rates. If you’re commuting an hour daily, you’ll likely pay more than someone who only uses their car to run the occasional errand.
- Your postal code: Insurance rates are partly determined by the postal code you live in. If you live in an area that sees more claims, you’ll likely find yourself paying higher rates than those in a nearby postal code with fewer claims.
- Your driving record: Driving history is a major factor when determining auto insurance rates. Those with a clean driving record will pay lower premiums than someone who has multiple accidents or tickets on their record. For this reason, car insurance rates for high-risk drivers in Ajax may be higher than the average rate. If you have less than 10 years of driving experience, you may see higher rates than more experienced drivers.
- Your age: Age is another determinant of car insurance rates. Younger drivers should expect to pay more for insurance, but the good news is rates level out by about age 30. This is why it’s important to find an Ajax auto insurance company with experience insuring new drivers. Conversely, older adults —between the ages of 50 and 70 — enjoy some of the lowest car insurance rates in Canada. This is because they’ve developed a long insurance history. That said, after the age of 70 rates begin to rise again as this age group is statistically more likely to file claims. For this reason, car insurance in Ajax for some seniors can be higher than what middle-aged drivers are charged.
- Your policy: Your policy and the amount of insurance coverage you purchase will also affect the size of your premium (i.e., your insurance bill). You are required to have minimum coverage amounts, which varies from province to province.
- Your insurance history: Finally, your insurance history will also play a role when it comes to determining your insurance rates. Filing multiple claims or having a history of missing payments will likely result in higher rates. Additionally, newcomers to Canada are likely to have higher rates as they have no Canadian insurance history.
What are car insurance rates in Ajax for students?
Without a track record to prove your worthiness, car insurance for new drivers in Ajax can be expensive. However, there are some things you can do to help reduce your insurance rates.
- Buy a used car for cheap: the sooner you can start building an insurance history as the primary driver (and maintain a clean driver record) the lower your rates will be at age 25.
- Or, get on your parents’ insurance as a secondary driver.
- Apply for student discounts offered by your insurance company.
- Complete a driver’s education course.
If you’re a new driver, it’s important to compare car insurance quotes in Ajax carefully. Our website can help compare dozens of insurance companies in just a couple of minutes.
What are car insurance rates in Ajax for new immigrants?
New immigrants are likely to face higher insurance premiums than more experienced drivers, as they simply don’t have enough Canadian insurance history. Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do to change this until you build up an insurance history in Canada. You can try asking your old insurance company to provide a reference to your new Ontario insurer to help reduce your insurance costs. As always, comparing rates is key for finding an affordable policy.
What are car insurance rates in Ajax for high-risk drivers?
High-risk drivers in Ajax will likely find it challenging to secure a good car insurance rate, but there are still some insurance companies that cater to high-risk drivers. High-risk drivers always have the option of purchasing facility insurance. Canadian insurance companies fund a pool that offers coverage to high-risk drivers.
How can I reduce my car insurance premiums in Ajax?
There are some things you can do to reduce your insurance premiums in Ajax, including:
- Installing snow tires. Not only will installing a quality set of snow tires help to keep you safe on the road, it can also score you a winter tire discount from your car insurance company.
- Following the rules of the road. Following the rules of the road and practicing defensive driving and avoiding accidents will help keep your car insurance low.
- Give it time. If you’re a younger driver without much insurance history, you can expect your rates to drop as you age. Those between 30-70 enjoy some of the lowest insurance rates.
- Opt for telematics. Signing up for a telematics program can help reduce your insurance costs. This involves installing a small device that gives your car insurance company the ability to monitor your driving habits via a smartphone app.