We can help you find cheap car insurance in Brantford.
Most Brantford residents rely on a car to commute. Unfortunately, Ontario car insurance rates are among the highest in the country.
LowestRates.ca will help you find a lower price on car insurance by shopping the Brantford car insurance market for you.
Enter your postal code to get started. After completing our form, we’ll show you multiple quotes from car insurance companies serving Brantford.
Next, we’ll set you up with the car insurance broker or agent in Brantford that can secure your new — cheaper — rate.
Take three minutes to get your quotes now or keep reading to learn more about how to further reduce your car insurance costs in Brantford.
Your questions about auto insurance in Brantford, answered.
How much is car insurance in Brantford?
The best way to find out how much car insurance in Brantford will cost you is to apply for quotes.
By applying for auto insurance quotes in Brantford, you’ll see what multiple car insurance companies serving the area are going to charge you.
Unless your broker or agent advises you to purchase more coverage, the price you see on our site is what you will pay in reality.
The price of car insurance in Brantford varies greatly from one driver to the next. Your premium depends heavily on your own personal driving and insurance history. It’s important to keep this in mind when using Brantford car insurance calculators; they can’t give you an accurate estimate because they don’t require enough information from you.
We also don’t recommend using averages to estimate your car insurance costs in Brantford since averages include drivers who pay premiums that are at the top and low ends of the spectrum, which distorts the average.
LowestRates.ca data is also impacted by the fact that more young drivers use our site to compare quotes than experienced or senior drivers. Young drivers pay the highest auto insurance rates in Brantford.
Which Brantford postal code has the highest average premiums?
According to LowestRates.ca data, the Brantford postal code that pays the most for car insurance is the N3T region. It encompasses the neighbourhoods that encircle downtown Brantford. The neighbourhoods covered in this postal code include Brant, Brantford, Mount Vernon, Onondaga, Langford, Burtch, Tutela Heights, Osborne Corners, and Newport.
Which Brantford postal code has the lowest average premiums?
According to LowestRates.ca data, the Brantford postal code that pays the least for car insurance is the N3P region in the northeastern section of the city. Its boundaries are Powerline Road, Lynden Road and Wayne Gretzky Parkway.
How do Brantford car insurance rates compare to other cities in Ontario?
According to our data, Brantford drivers pay less for car insurance than their counterparts in surrounding cities.
- Woodstock: 5% less
- Caledonia: 4% higher
- Cambridge: 15% higher
- Hamilton: 38% higher
However, average premiums are not a reliable predictor of what you’ll be charged for auto insurance. Many factors come into play when determining your premium, including your age, sex, postal code, and driving and insurance history. If you’re searching for a car insurance quote and you live in Brantford, we recommend applying for a quote.
Where do I get the cheapest car insurance quotes in Brantford?
There isn’t one Brantford auto insurance company that offers cheap auto insurance to every Brantford driver that applies for a policy.
Car insurance premiums are highly customized products and many factors that influence the price are out of your control
Comparing car insurance quotes in advance of your policy renewal date can also help you save money. Since every insurance company’s tolerance for risk is a bit different, it’s highly likely that one may favour you more than your current auto insurance company.
What factors determine my car insurance rates in Brantford?
There are a number of factors that determine your car insurance rates in Brantford. Here are some to consider:
- Your mileage
- Your postal code
- Your driving record
- Your age
- How much coverage you decide to buy
Car insurance for seniors in Brantford
Adults between the ages of 50 and 70 get some of the lowest car insurance rates in Brantford. After age 70, you might see your rate begin to creep up. If you do see your rates begin to climb, it may be time to shop around for new automobile insurance in Brantford.
Car insurance for students in Brantford
Car insurance for new drivers in Brantford is expensive. Young people pay, on average, the highest insurance premiums of any demographic.
It can be challenging for new drivers to find cheap car insurance in Brantford. However, we’ve found that the demographic that finds the most savings on LowestRates.ca are young drivers — the more you’re expected to pay, the more dramatic the savings you can find when you compare Brantford car insurance quotes.
Car insurance for new immigrants in Brantford
If you’ve recently immigrated to Ontario, ask your old insurance company to provide a reference to your new Ontario insurer. This will go a long way to nab you a lower car insurance rate and you’ll have a better chance at securing a lower car insurance rate because you have proof of your insurance and driving history.
Car insurance for high-risk drivers in Brantford
Having several traffic convictions or a long claims history will put you in the high-risk category with most insurance companies. It’s hard to find affordable car insurance in Brantford as a high-risk driver. In fact, many insurance companies may decline to cover you at all. There are, however, car insurance companies that cater to high-risk drivers. Failing that, you can purchase facility insurance, which is a pool that is funded by Canadian insurance companies to offer coverage to high-risk drivers. LowestRates.ca offers quotes from both types of providers.
Other tips on reducing car insurance costs in Brantford
- Wilfred Laurier University has a campus in Brantford. If you’re attending Laurier while living in Brantford and you own a car, make sure to tell your insurance company that you are living in Brantford for the school year, even if you are using your parents’ address for other communications. If you have moved to Brantford from the GTA, you might actually be able to save money on car insurance. Also, many car insurance companies offer discounts to students who maintain strong GPAs.
- New drivers can also lower their car insurance costs on renewal by signing up for a telematics program, which is when you give permission for your car insurance company to monitor your driving habits via an app.
- Brantford has a lot of families. Try bundling your home and car insurance to receive discounts on both.
- Watch for hikers navigating on or around city trails. Causing an accident with a pedestrian or bicyclist can result in criminal charges, but may also lead to traffic convictions. Either of these will raise your car insurance costs.
Here are two things to watch out for when driving in Brantford:
- Brantford is often called the "Hub of Ontario trails": many paths that begin in Hamilton, Cambridge, or Simcoe extend through Brantford. These trails are made for walkers and cyclists, so stay vigilant if you're driving nearby.
- Be careful when you drive around Harmony Square. In the summer and winter, many events, like splash pad sessions, movies, music, and ice skating, take place at Harmony Square in Brantford. People attending these events sometimes spill onto the road, so pay attention as you drive around Dalhousie or Colborne Streets.