Lexus auto insurance: what you need to know.
If you’re looking for insurance for your Lexus, look no further. Here, we outline everything you need to know about the luxury brand produced by Japanese auto manufacturer Toyota.
Comparison shopping from among a range of insurance companies is the crucial first step. It’s an approach that drivers in Canada seeking insurance for a Lexus benefit from as well.
Start with a quote: in less than three minutes, LowestRate.ca’s free online tool will provide rates from more than 75+ Canadian insurance providers.
When it comes to setting rates, they try to gauge the level of risk associated with each application.
Insurance companies want to know:
- What’s the likelihood that the driver will make a claim?
- How significant of a claim is it likely to be?
In general, cars with higher safety ratings are less expensive to insure because insurance companies believe drivers will be less likely to make a claim. On the other hand, luxury or performance vehicles can be considered less safe, and as a result, are often more expensive to insure.
When you’re looking for the best car insurance for your Lexus, you should know it’s regarded as a luxury vehicle brand.
While it’s true that some models have strong safety ratings, Lexus vehicles are designed primarily for performance.
How much is insurance for a Lexus?
Calculating the average insurance cost for any car model is tricky because of how many variables go into determining rates.
Insurance companies look at a combination of factors—some related to the type of vehicle being insured, others related to risks associated with the driver.
Below are a few estimated premiums to give you a sense of the average cost for Lexus insurance.
Your questions about Lexus car insurance rates, answered.
Used vs. new Lexus: which is cheaper to insure?
Vehicle insurance for a new Lexus is often more expensive than for a used one. This is partly because the cost of repairing or replacing a newer model tends to be higher.
Insurance rates for new Lexuses can also be higher if you opt for replacement cost coverage which allows that your vehicle (the same make and model) be replaced, if it’s deemed a total loss.
If you’re looking for car insurance for a used Lexus, make sure you research any claims associated with it.
While insurance companies are often most concerned about the driver’s history, it’s important to be aware if the vehicle was damaged in a collision before you owned it. If it was, you could be on the hook for any future repair costs.
Any previous insurance claims for a used Lexus can be verified on the Insurance Bureau of Canada website. Use their free Verify Vin service to see if a car has previously been reported as flood-damaged or not road-worthy by an IBC insurance company partner.
What is the best car insurance for a Lexus?
In Canada, car insurance coverage varies by province. For example, in Ontario, at a minimum, your coverage must include third-party liability, accident benefits, direct compensation-property damage coverage (DCPD) and uninsured automobile coverage.
Any type of coverage beyond that — collision and comprehensive insurance, for example — is optional.
To get the best car insurance rates for your Lexus, tailor your policy so that you’re only paying for the coverage you need. You may have previously paid for coverages you no longer need.
Our free online quote tool will give you a sense of available insurance products and rates.
How car insurance quotes for Lexus are calculated
Our free online tool will offer you quotes for Lexus car insurance from more than 75+ insurance providers across Canada.
In less than three minutes, our partners consider the details of your application and offer you competitive quotes, including discounts.
Insurance companies most closely consider the following key variables:
- Driver details, including age, gender, location, driving history
- Vehicle details, including vehicle type, age, safety
- Coverage type, including amounts, deductibles and limits
Comparison shopping will inspire you to review your Lexus insurance and assess if you have coverage that still aligns with how you’re using your vehicle.
You could be paying for coverage you no longer need.
How can I reduce my car insurance rate for my Lexus?
There are several ways to reduce your car insurance rates. It’s important to comparison shop every year because the variables that affect your specific rate will change as well. Consider the following details and how they may relate to your rate:
- Age: As drivers age, their premiums go down in large part because they can reflect more experience driving.
- Bundling: Drivers who package more than one policy with a single insurance company may be eligible for savings.
- Clean driving record: Insurance companies often recognize drivers with clean driving records with favourable rates.
- Credit score: In some provinces, drivers who opt to have their credit score considered as part of their insurance application may be eligible for savings.
- Raising your deductible: Drivers willing to pay a higher deductible may be able to reduce their premiums. However, it’s important that drivers only do so if they’re confident they can afford to pay a higher deductible in the event of damage.
- Telematic programs: Drivers who opt into telematics programs that track their driving behaviour may be eligible for savings. Insurance companies can personalize your premiums based on your driving behaviour.
If you’re seeking Lexus insurance for a young driver, you may be able to reduce your insurance costs by being insured on a parent’s policy.
Taking a driving course can also help bring down a rate. Some schools and alumni associations also offer discounts to students who maintain good grades.
Is it safe to buy Lexus insurance online?
Yes, buying Lexus insurance coverage online is fast and safe. Our free online tool will provide quotes from more than 75+ Canadian insurance providers.