How comparing auto insurance quotes works. Hint: it’s free!
First, we need to know about you and your vehicle. It only takes 3 minutes, and it’s 100% confidential.
Next, we’ll show you quotes from 50+ Canadian providers. It’s free, with no commitment.
When you find the best quote, secure your Newmarket auto insurance rate by talking to a licensed broker or agent.
We can help you find cheap car insurance in Newmarket.
North of Toronto, in the heart of York Region, lies the tranquil town of Newmarket.
But even though getting around town is easy, Newmarket drivers still need the right auto insurance for their vehicles. As a city on the outskirts of the GTA, many residents find them commuting for work. With so many regular drivers, it’s no wonder that car insurance is such a big part of life in Newmarket. Luckily, LowestRates.ca has you covered.
You can get quotes from the top insurance providers quickly and easily just by using LowestRates.ca.
See how our customers in Newmarket save big on auto insurance.
|Customer||Location||Vehicle||Lowest rate||Average rate||Saved|
Quote from December 01, 2023
Male, 34 years old
2023 NISSAN ROGUE S 4DR AWD
Quote from November 30, 2023
Male, 31 years old
2015 MAZDA MAZDA3 GS SKY 4DR
Quote from November 30, 2023
Male, 66 years old
2016 TOYOTA COROLLA LE 4DR
Auto insurance quotes are compared from CAA, Coachman Insurance Company, Economical Insurance, Gore Mutual, Onlia Insurance, Pafco, Pembridge, SGI, Travelers, Zenith Insurance Company
Driving in Newmarket.
Most popular cars in Newmarket.
Based on tens of thousands of car insurance quotes at LowestRates.ca, here's a snapshot of the kind of cars Newmarket auto insurance shoppers are driving:
Who shops for auto insurance in Newmarket?
Our data reveals that three-quarters of auto insurance shoppers from Newmarket are male and that the average shoppers is in their late 20s:
Tickets & Accidents
- Have Tickets
- Have Had Accidents
What can I do to get cheap car insurance in Newmarket?
It's easy — if you know how. Here are some of the best ways to lower your auto insurance premiums:
We'll show you the most competitive rates from all the top insurers. Now you can compare quotes all in one place.
Buy the right coverage
Avoiding extra frills in your policy and paying for only the coverage you need will lower your premiums.
Your driving record impacts your rate. Fewer infractions and fines equals cheaper insurance.
Pay on time
Prompt payments can save you money on late fees and lower your premiums. Insurers love a good customer.
Adding a house, motorcycle, RV, or other type of insurance policy to your car insurance plan can lower your rates.
Be safe, not sorry
Safety features like winter tires and alarm systems can help reduce your insurance premium.
Stick with one insurer
Most auto insurance companies give special discounts to customers who stay with them for a number of years.
Take a course
A defensive driving course makes you a better driver and can significantly reduce your car insurance premiums.
The math is clear: more experience on the road equals lower car insurance premiums. Young drivers almost universally pay higher rates for car insurance. While it’s difficult for new drivers to secure cheap car insurance rates, you may be able to lower your rates by maintaining good grades and attending driving school.
Look at location
Where you drive affects your premiums. Some areas are associated with higher rates of car accidents and theft.
Choose the right car
Cars with high crash-test scores, low theft ratings, and less powerful engines tend to have cheaper insurance rates.
Track your driving
With a usage-based car insurance policy, you can turn your low-risk driving habits into lower premiums.
Your questions about driving in Newmarket, answered.
How much is car insurance in Newmarket?
If you just recently moved to Newmarket or are planning to in the near future, you might be wondering: what does car insurance in Newmarket actually cost?
It’s tricky to determine the average price of car insurance in Newmarket, because car insurance is such a customized product. Car insurance calculators geared for Newmarket drivers may require less information, but this actually makes them less accurate. A better option is to spend a little bit more time filling out a quote.
Furthermore, the average car insurance rate in Newmarket most likely isn’t what you’ll pay. Ask your insurance broker about potential discounts, maintain a safe driving record to keep your premiums low, and compare auto insurance rates across different car insurance companies in Newmarket to secure the best price.
Car insurance for new drivers in Newmarket
Are you new to the city and to driving? No problem. We’ve got helpful tips for new drivers looking for cheap car insurance in Newmarket.
If you’re a new driver looking for affordable car insurance in Newmarket, your first step should be to compare rates among the different auto insurance companies in Newmarket.
This will help you secure the best rate based on your needs, and give you an estimate for car insurance in Newmarket. You’ll have to confirm your details with a broker before your rate is guaranteed.
Car insurance in Newmarket for students
If you’re a student looking for car insurance in Newmarket, there’s a good chance you’re going to face higher rates. That’s because you haven’t acquired enough of a driving history to signal to insurers that you’re a trustworthy driver.
That said, there are still ways to get cheap auto insurance in Newmarket.
- Start by obtaining a quote for auto insurance in Newmarket. You can do this by using a rate comparison website.
- Avoid getting your own car, if you can. Instead, opt to get listed as the secondary driver of your parents’ car. Insurance for secondary drivers costs less than it does for the primary driver.
- Keep up good grades in school. Some insurance companies offer discounts to students who maintain a certain GPA.
- Take driver’s ed. Being able to show an insurance company a certificate of completion can help you get lower auto insurance rates in Newmarket.
Car insurance in Newmarket for seniors
If you’re a senior, chances are you have a long history of being insured. That’s a good thing! Auto insurance companies look fondly on years of experience, and clean driving records.
That said, those over 70 tend to see their rates creep up because they belong to a demographic that’s more likely to file a claim, statistically speaking. So if you start to see your rates increase, it’s time to shop around and compare rates to get the best price.
Car insurance in Newmarket for high-risk drivers
A high-risk driver is someone who’s received several traffic convictions, such as careless driving, distracted driving, or speeding. When that happens, insurance companies will deem you “high risk” and increase your rates to reflect the risk you pose to them.
There are some insurance companies who will insure high-risk drivers, but it’s possible that you can be turned away. If that happens, your last option is something called facility insurance, which is seen as an insurer of last resort — and facility premiums are much higher than traditional premiums.
Car insurance in Newmarket for new immigrants
If you recently immigrated to Ontario, you have 60 days to trade in the licence from the country you emigrated from and obtain an Ontario driver’s licence and insurance.
Next, you need to start the search for auto insurance. Ask your old insurance company to provide a reference to your new Ontario insurer. This could help lower your car insurance rate because you’ve got proof of past insurance and driving history.
Factors that impact car insurance rates in Newmarket
- Traffic violations: In Newmarket, there are a number of things to keep an eye out for when it comes to abiding by the rules of the road. Firstly, this town uses radar speed boards to monitor speeding. According to data pulled from town radar speed signs, some streets, like Harry Walker Parkway, Main Street North, and Eagle Street, are much busier than others. As traffic violations can lead to increases in your car insurance rates, you’ll want to pay special attention to staying under 50 km/h in these areas.
- Congestion: As Newmarket neighbours the city of Toronto, the city’s main highways are heavily trafficked. It’s important to keep this in mind when navigating Newmarket roads, as traffic often leads to collisions - which often lead to higher car insurance rates.
How to keep your car insurance rate low in Newmarket
- Be a safe driver: Maintaining a clean driving history is one of the most surefire ways to ensure you’re getting a competitive car insurance rate. Luckily, Newmarket residents have a Safety Cone Sam to remind them to drive safely. Safety Cone Sam teaches us about good driving. Newmarket drivers have a colourful character that helps them stay safe on the road. Sam the Safety Cone is the official mascot of Safety Driven, Newmarket's public education campaign aimed at reinforcing good driving and discouraging speeding, aggressive driving, and other dangerous driving habits.
- Use public transit: Another major factor in how much you’ll pay in car insurance is how much you drive. By using Newmarket’s many public transit options, you can reduce your mileage and effectively reduce your car insurance premiums as well. For instance, many Newmarket residents trek to and from Toronto every day, and they have several commuting options to choose from, such as GO Transit.
About the Author
Lisa is an Editor and Writer for LowestRates.ca. Her work has appeared in Reader’s Digest, Toronto Life, Canadian Living and TVO. As a child, she diligently hoarded the $50 bills that fell out of her Christmas cards. Adult Lisa is working hard to resurrect those stockpiling tendencies.
Auto insurance news Auto
Read the Story Auto Insurance
With high gas prices and the increasing desire to shrink their carbon footprint, more Canadians are looking at electric ...
Read the Story Read More Like This
This article has been updated from a previous version. Holiday season is right around the corner, and so i...
*Represents the average saved by shoppers who obtained a Newmarket quote on LowestRates.ca and transacted via our contact centre between January and December 2022. The average savings amount represents the difference between the shoppers’ average lowest quoted premium and the average of the second and third lowest quoted premiums generated by LowestRates.ca.