Learn more about Wawanesa Insurance Canada.
The multinational corporation we know today as The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Co. was first established in a small Manitoba village at the end of the 19th century. It began as a farmers' mutual insurance carrier and has blossomed into a robust insurance company that has maintained its mutual ownership roots. Though it was founded in Wawanesa and adopted the small town's name as its own, the company now houses its head offices in Winnipeg and operates all over Canada.
Wawanesa is not a one-size-fits-all auto insurer. It boasts a number of policyholder-specific discounts that reward retirees, loyal customers, students, multi-package buyers and many others.
Wawanesa prides itself on being a stable insurer that provides genuine reliability. Its claim of "earning your trust since 1896" is backed up by an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best, one of the most trusted and authoritative insurance information sources in the world.
Is Wawanesa right for you? Get car insurance quotes from 75+ Canadian insurance providers to find out.
The Wawanesa car insurance advantage.
Wawanesa began providing basic car insurance coverage in 1928 and has greatly expanded its options since then. For example, it now offers discounts for policyholders whose profiles and vehicles satisfy certain requirements.
You can save on your premium if you insure two or more vehicles with Wawanesa, if you bundle your home and auto insurance policies, or if you have a clear driving record (no traffic tickets, no accidents in the past six years, and completion of a driver education course).
And there are many other ways to save with Wawanesa. Here are the different types of discounts it makes available:
- Anti-theft Discount for when you protect your vehicle.
- Away at School Discount for students.
- Cascading Experience Discount / Experience & Experience Plus Discounts.
- Driver's Education Discount for driver’s education graduates.
- Farm Discount for farmers.
- Loyalty and Renewal Discounts for sticking with Wawanesa.
- Mature Driver Discount.
- Minor Conviction Free Discount for drivers with a clean record.
- Multi-Product Discount for bundling with another policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discount for bundling multiple vehicles.
- Preferred Motorcycle Discount.
- Recreational Vehicle Discount.
- Retiree Discount.
When you apply for a Wawanesa car insurance quote online, some of these discounts may not factor into your quoted premium. Speak with a broker or agent to ensure you get all the discounts you qualify for.
Pet Accident Wording Supplements (or PAWS for short) is a supplementary insurance product, which covers your pet in the event of an car accident. Better yet, it follows your pet no matter where they go — it covers any accidents that may occur when they’re in someone else’s car.
Is there an app?
Yes. Wawanesa Mobile can be downloaded at the App Store for iPhones or through Google Play for Android devices. It allows users to perform the following functions:
- Access proof of insurance for automobiles.
- Report an accident, theft, or damage.
- Capture and store relevant details through both photo and audio.
- Quick contact to Roadside Assistance or Customer Service.
- Track exact present location via GPS.
Though the Wawanesa Mobile app can be used to report an accident, theft, or damage to a car, proper claims can only be submitted via phone or through the online claim submission page. In emergencies, Wawanesa urges policyholders to call its phone line, which is available 24-7.
How to submit a claim with Wawanesa
To file a claim with Wawanesa Insurance, contact the helpline. We’ve included the number for Wawanesa Insurance below.
- Wawanesa Insurance claims phone number:
- 1-844-WAWANESA (929-2637)
- Hours of operation:
- The claims line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- To make a claim online:
- Login to your Wawanesa account.
- Hours of operation:
- You can file a claim online, 24 hour a day, seven days a week. You can also file a car insurance claim by calling the phone number for Wawanesa listed above.
About the Author
Alexandra Bosanac is the Core Content Manager for LowestRates.ca. Her reporting has appeared in Canadian Business, the Toronto Star, the National Post, and the CBC.